Happy Friday my loves!
I'm sorry for not being able to post as consistently as I would like but it's rough with a full-time job and scheduling conflicts with my lovely Photographer, Ina. We've been hard at work putting together a collection of outfits to post in the next few weeks!!! I'm so excited to kick-it off with these AMAZING pictures that were taken yesterday. Although I'm from Brooklyn and I've lived in New York all my life, there are so many landmarks I have yet to experience. The Brooklyn Bridge can now be crossed off that list! The scenery and vista of the East River was truly breathtaking. It's such a romantic place to go with your significant other, especially right when the sun is about to set. Don't even get me started on the delicious ice cream from The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory.
One of the best decisions I made was starting my blog because it truly has taught
me a lot about myself and life in general. Too often we go through our lives feeling robotic or with the sense that something is missing. I no longer have that feeling thanks to all of you.
Remember, life is too short to be anything but happy. Only you can create your own happiness!
Dress: c/o Oasap
Clutch/Accessories: Forever 21
Lipstick: Wet n Wild in Think Pink
Nail polish: Essie in Lacy not Racy
This vintage high-neckline chiffon maxi dress from Oasap is unlike anything in my closet. From the color to the length it's perfect for the upcoming holiday season. The ruffled high neckline and removable waistband were my
favorite aspects of this dress. By simply removing the waistband this dress becomes bump-friendly making it an item I know I'll wear again in the near future! Oasap has this gorgeous gown available in more colors that are
appropriate for all seasons. Be sure to check out Oasap for more beautiful dresses, clothing and accessories at affordable prices!
Getting dolled up for special occasions is a lot of fun because it gives you the opportunity to reinvent yourself. We all know someone who is all about her jeans and sneakers but for a wedding or holiday party she shows up looking like she's ready to hit the red carpet. Finding the perfect dress can be challenging at times, so I've put together a few tips that will help you narrow down your search.
1) Keep the occasion in mind (Ex: Don't wear a floral Summer dress to a holiday party, don't wear white to a wedding, leave the hoochie clothes for the club, etc.)
2) When selecting a fabric/color be conscious of the season in which the event will be taking place. You do not want to wear form fitting clothing in 100 degree weather, instead opt for a light-weight fabric.
3) Consider renting a dress for your special occasion, a great place to start is Rent the Runway. They have current season fashion from over 95 designers, perfect for any event! Accessories are also available (this will definitely save you money so you won't have that guilty feeling from over spending).
4) These days affordable fashion makes it possible to re-create your favorite celeb look. I look through magazines and surf the web for inspiration from my favorites like Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian and Blake Lively.
5) Lastly, always keep your body type in mind when selecting your perfect dress. For example, if you have a large bust you may want to avoid buying a strapless dress. Special occasions are all about food, dancing and mingling so you want to feel comfortable in what you're wearing.