Well, that feeling pretty much describes how I felt last week while being behind the scenes at Cynthia Rowley, Rachel Zoe and Erin Fetherston's Spring 2015 Collections. I was able to chat with the celebrity makeup artists, hairstylists and manicurists that created the runway beauty looks. Below are a few techniques I learned straight from the pros and steps on how to achieve them at home. There's also an insider scoop on a must-have hair product from L'Oreal Professionnel debuting in the Spring.
To recreate a version of this hair style at home, Pepper Pastor suggests a few simpler steps for a similar look:
1) Prep hair with L’Oreal Professionel Densite to detangle and add density to hair.
2) Create a center part.
3) Create 2 small tight braids one inch away from the hairline on each side of the part. Leave section of hair between hairline and braid loose to frame the face.
4) Gather the ends of the braids and tie together with the rest of the hair into a low ponytail.
5) Take the loose section you left loose (near the hairline) and secure ends over the braids into the ponytail.
6) Add shine with L’Oreal Professionel Perfect Shimmer.
7) Hold style in place with L’Oreal Professionel Infinium.
Insider scoop – L’Oréal Professionnel will debut a new product called, Next Day Hair. It’s formulated to give grip and texture to your hair, which is perfect for those days you want to style your hair right after washing it. (Debuts May 2015)